Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Well, here goes...

During my time student teaching, I frequently searched out and read teacher-written blogs to find inspiration (and avoid doing things I should have been doing at the time). I thought about starting my own blog, but never quite got around to it. Now I wish that I had. Even though I finished student teaching less than a month ago, the memories are fading. Things that seemed traumatic, inspiring, ridiculous, scary, important, etc. at the time are becoming a little fuzzy. So - as the cliche goes, there's no time like the present.

I have many goals for this blog:
- become a more reflective teacher
- de-stress by sharing thoughts and frustrations, as well as victories
- write more frequently and become a better writer
- create lists (I LOVE a good list) of things to try, books to read, books I've read, things to avoid, lists to make, etc.
- have fun :)

I plan to focus on my teaching experiences, but I get sidetracked easily, so I will not be surprised if I end up writing about a lot of other things.

All names, locations, and identifying details will be changed to protect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment